The MyMetar.com “Gamma Release” is now live. Woot! This release includes many bug fixes, performance enhancements, and new features that we hope you will enjoy. Improvements include:
- A new, more colorful page design.
- Tabbed interfaces for easily moving between search, preferences, and your page.
- Integration with Google Maps: see your favorite stations and the current flight rules layered on top of a Google map.
- Flight rules indicators for TAFs.
- An improved mobile interface and automatic browser detection, ensuring the right interface for your device is displayed.
- Themes! The groundwork is laid so that you’ll be able to select between different page layouts.
- More Radar Ensembles.
- Plain language interpretation presented in the same order as ATIS.
MyMetar.com on iPhone! Woot!
On June 29th, it looks as though people will be flocking to AT&T and Apple stores to pick up an iPhone. If you will be one those individuals jumping in to the frenzy, don’t fret: your MyMetar.com weather will be waiting for you via an iPhone friendly user interface.
See what your MyMetar.com page will look like by pointing your browser to http://www.mymetar.com/iphone/ (keep the the slash on the end).
MyMetar.com is the first aviation weather website devoted to pilots that will provide a tailored user experience to aviators toting an iPhone!